Operations Process Management For A Leading Software Development Company
A leading IT services and solutions provider headquartered in the US, with offices in the UK, Japan, Germany, and India. They also have four state-of-the-art development centers in India that leverage a cost-effective delivery mechanism and a wide talent pool catering to a client base consisting of Fortune 500 companies.
The customer wanted to build an operations management system to be able to bring complete control over all the operational activities which included Sales Management, Project Management, and Resource Management.
- ASP .Net
- C# .Net
- N-Tier Architecture,
- SQL Server 2000
- DTS Package
- The application developed served as a platform allowing any module to be plugged in by extending the core design.
- An independent component was designed with an open-ended architecture; where each module is capable of either working independently or being integrated with the parent platform.
- A three-stage extensive unit testing strategy was adopted for the component independently and for the application as a whole.
- Fortnightly component integration schedule
- Critical data migration from multiple systems
- Ensuring the dynamic workflow is not compromised for each of the departments
- Coordination between multiple teams working from different locations on different modules
- Stringent deadlines
- Comprehensive and staged functioning of all operational activities.
- Productivity benchmarking to plug loopholes.
- Predictive planning of everyday activities.