Offline Knowledge Management Solution For A Leading Bioinformatics Consulting Company
The client is a consulting services company with expertise and experience in computational biology and bioinformatics. Their team of highly qualified computational biologists, computational chemists, and bioinformatics and biostatistics experts provide solutions to most of the computationally intensive biological challenges.
The customer wanted to create an offline knowledge management solution, where the application would search online medical journals, fetch user-filtered data, and create a knowledge repository on the user’s local machine for user-specified areas. One of the prime requirements was to make the application agile, scalable, and robust.
Synergy Technology Services, due to our vast experience in developing solutions that serve as a knowledge repository was given the opportunity to develop one for our client.
- SQL Express
- Developed a generic object model for crawling and retrieval of data.
- Created template journal structures allowing the addition of a new journal without any additional effort.
- Multi-threaded crawling model with configurable throttle time for eliminating being blocked by medical journals
- To develop an application that would crawl and retrieve data from numerous online publications by-passing the blocked medical journals
- Diverse search patterns and display formats.
- Replicating user behavior for submitting search forms on the medical journals.
- Agile, scalable, and robust application that can be extended to offline models.