Online Module For Music And Video Distribution Company
The client is an independent music and video distribution, marketing, and sales company that work with independent artists, labels, and other content providers to distribute content to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe.
The client wanted a module on which the vendors are given access to their website. Subsequently, the vendors will add rights to the video/audio from their associated artists and account their pay based on the transaction post-sales. The module should handle huge volumes of data and facilitate uniform distribution.
Synergy technology services being a pioneer in providing business critical applications was entrusted with the task of providing with a solution that was in line with changing trends and fast-paced industry developments.
- PHP – Zend Framework, ORM doctrine.
The client being a global player in music and entertainment industry had to cater to a large pool of vendors who purchases the rights of individual artists and uploads the content on the client’s web pool. These rights are then shared with large e-commerce players for distribution. The post-sale transaction has to be logged at the vendor’s end and the payment has to be processed accordingly.
- Developed and deployed the web based services to facilitate the client’s web portal handle huge volumes of data and handle large vendor requests.
- Enable the vendors process the payments/royalty to the contributing artists without hassles.
- Customize the modules as and when the requirement changes.
- Converting a legacy coded PHP w/o class structure to agile system
- Handling enormous volumes of data that are uploaded into the module.
- Ad-hoc requirements appreciation.
- Helped increase the client’s footprint in the global media industry.
- Distribute records to more number of retail and media outlets.
- Leverage social media platform, email campaigns to contributing artists/vendors.
- Revenue generation to all their stakeholders.