Operations Process Management For A Leading Software Development Company
A leading IT services and solutions provider headquartered in the US, with offices in UK, Japan, Germany and India. They also have four state-of-the-art development centers in India that leverage a cost-effective delivery mechanism and a wide talent pool catering to a client base consisting of Fortune 500 companies.
The customer wanted to build an operations management system to be able to bring a complete control over all the operational activities which included Sales management, Project Management and Resource Management.
- ASP .Net
- C# .Net
- N-Tier Architecture,
- SQL Server 2000
- DTS Package
- The application developed served as a platform allowing any module to be plugged in by extending the core design.
- An independent component was designed with an open ended architecture; where in each module is capable of either working independently or be integrated with the parent platform.
- A three stage extensive unit testing strategy was adopted for the component independently and for the application as a whole.
- Fortnightly component integration schedule
- Critical data migration from multiple systems
- Ensuring the dynamic workflow is not compromised for each of the departments
- Coordination between multiple teams working from different locations on different modules
- Stringent deadlines
- Comprehensive and staged functioning of all operational activities.
- Productivity benchmarking to plug loopholes.
- Predictive planning of everyday activities.